Menopause at Work
We offer group briefings facilitated by health care professionals who are experienced in women’s health, covering any of these subjects:
- Understanding and managing the perimenopause, menopause and post menopause
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of menopause, both physical and mental
- Effective ways to manage symptoms and to seek support
- Helping employers and employees navigate how to access healthcare, resources and support
- Menopause in the work place
- HRT – including the types, risks, benefits, and alternatives
- Menopause and mental health
- Sexual health and the menopause
- Menopause myth busting
Menopause Advisory Service
- Organisational menopause policy consultation, writing and review service
- Menopause awareness training: We can help employees (female and male) understand the basics of the menopause, issues that can arise and what they can do to help. This could take the form of line management training or training specific members of staff as menopause ‘support buddies’.
- Easily accessible information: If you have a work intranet site, then create a menopause page with information on causes symptoms, treatments, and coping strategies. Include links to further medical advice and contact details for human resources and/or occupational health.
- Webchat/FAQs: Regular webchats or myth-busting sessions with a specialist menopause healthcare professional will give staff a trusted source of advice. This may also be helpful for employees whose partners are going through the menopause.
- Menopause forum: Provide employees a space to meet with others to share experiences, swap suggestions for ways of coping, and to raise issues for employers to consider.
- Create a ‘reasonable adjustment passport’: This is a record of adjustments agreed between an employee and their manager. The purpose of the passport is so everyone is clear what changes have been agreed, and to reduce the need for reassessment every time an employee changes role, or is assigned a new manager.
- Be flexible: Be open to any flexible working requests where possible, including changing work hours or allowing remote working, as this could make all the difference in an employee being able to tackle and cope with their menopausal symptoms.
- Menopause ‘Support Buddies’: These are members of staff who are trained to be a point of contact and listening ear for those who feel they may be suffering with perimenopause and menopause symptoms.
- Onsite hormone health consultations to review medical history, check general health, provide advice and recommend management and treatment on an individual basis. These consultations can be offered onsite if a suitable space is available or via confidential telephone/video consultation.
- Laboratory blood tests can be organised onsite or locally for employees, as can any ongoing referrals using private health insurance providers.
- Follow up consultations to review symptoms, ongoing management and review of medications if needed.
Past Corporate Presentations
Past corporate presentations have been delivered to the following companies:
- England Rugby Football Union
- Insight Investment (part of BNY Mellon)
- Fenwick corporate
- Lloyd’s of London
- Univeristy of Kent
- SRK Engineering
- Unity Fitness
Provide a corporate package to your employees
You can pay for your employees to access our service confidentially. (Packages start at £1000)
- The corporate package includes
- Initial first video appointment
- Initial blood tests
- Follow up appointment x 2
- Follow up blood tests
- Quick question and query appointment
- Yearly review