- Summary of product characteristics (Tostran 2% gel). via https://www.medicines.org.uk
- Summary of product characteristics (Testogel). via https://www.medicines.org.uk
- National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guidelines [NG23]: Menopause: diagnosis and management. Updated: 12-Nov-2015. Available online at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23 Accessed 15/08/2019.
- NICE Clinical Knowledge Summary: Menopause Last revised March 2017. https://cks.nice.org.uk/menopause Accessed 14/12/18
- General Medical Council (GMC): Good practice in prescribing and managing medicines and devices (2013). https://www.gmc-uk.org/ethical-guidance/ethical-guidance- for-doctors/prescribing-and-managing-medicines-and-devices/prescribing-unlicensed-medicines
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA): Off-label or unlicensed use of medicines: prescribers’ responsibilities. https://www.gov.uk/drug-safety- update/off-label-or-unlicensed-use-of-medicines-prescribers-responsibilities Accessed 16/08/2019.
- Testosterone therapy for menopausal women. Drug Ther Bull. 2017 May;55(5):57–60. Available at http://www.dtb.bmj.com
- Panay, N. Testosterone replacement in menopause [Internet]. British Menopause Society. [cited 2019 Aug 1]. Available from: https://thebms.org.uk/publications/tools- for-clinicians/testosterone-replacement-in-menopause/
- British Society for Sexual Medicine. Guidelines on the management of sexual problems in women: the role of androgens [Internet]. 2010 [cited 2016 Jan 20]. Available from: https://www.bashhguidelines.org/media/1096/3117.pdf
- Surrey CCGs, Crawley and Horsham and Mid-Sussex CCGs Prescribing Clinical Network. Testosterone Gel (Tostran Gel) for low libido in post-menopausal women (unlicensed indication). PCN 262-2017 May 2017 (updated July 2018). Agreed by PCN members: 18th September 2018. Available from: https:// www.surreyandsussex.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/PCN-262-2017-Testosterone-Gel-for-low-libido-July-18-2.pdf Accessed 19/08/2019
- South East London Area Prescribing Committee. Formulary recommendation. Testosterone in topical gel formulation for use in women with decreased libido in the menopause (Tostran 2% gel and Testogel 50mg in 5 grams) July 2019 Available from : https://www.lambethccg.nhs.uk/news-and-publications/meeting-papers/south-east-london-area-prescribing-committee/Documents/ New%20Medicine%20Recommendations/Recommendation%20105%20testosterone%20gel%20female%20libido%20AMBER2%20FINAL%20June%202019.pdf
- NHSBSA. August 2019. Available at www.drugtariff.nhsbsa.nhs.uk
- Islam RM, Bell RJ, Green S, Page MJ, Davis SR. Safety and efficacy of testosterone for women: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trial data. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol [Internet]. 2019 Jul 25 [cited 2019 Jul 29];0(0). Available from: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(19)30189-5/ abstract
- Elraiyah T et al. The benefits and harms of systemic testosterone therapy in postmenopausal women with normal adrenal function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2014; 99:3543-50. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5393495/
1. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries: Menopause. Available online at:
https://cks.nice.org.uk/menopause (accessed 30/01/18)
2. The British Menopause Society & Women’s Health Concern 2016 recommendations on hormone replacement therapy in menopausal women. H Hamoda, N Panay, R Arya, M Savvas. The British Menopause Society and Women’s Health Concern. Post Reproductive Health. Vol 22, Issue 4, pp. 165 – 183. 2016
3. NICE Guidelines: Menopause NG23 Full Guideline. Updated: 12-Nov-2015. Available online at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/evidence/full-guideline (accessed 30/01/18)
4. Uptodate. Overview of androgen deficiency and therapy in women. Laurence C Udoff, online [Accessed on:07/02/2018]
5. Summaries of product characteristics Tostran 2% gel. Last updated on eMC: 20 Feb 2017.
Kyowa Kirin Ltd. Available at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/ [Accessed on: 04/02/18]
6. Summaries of product characteristics Testogel. Last updated on eMC: 12 Dec 2017. Besins Healthcare ltd. Available at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/ [Accessed on: 04/02/18]
7. Nathorst-Boos J, Floter A, Jarkander-Rolff M, Carlstrom K, Schoultz B. Treatment with percutanous testosterone gel in postmenopausal women with decreased libido--effects on sexuality and psychological general well-being. Maturitas 2006;53(1):11–8.
8. Simon J, Braunstein G, Nachtigall L, Utian W, Katz M, Miller S, et al.Testosterone patch increases sexual activity and desire in surgically menopausal women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2005;90(9):5226–33.
9. Davis SR et al. Testosterone for low libido in postmenopausal women not taking estrogen. N Engl J Med 2008 Nov 6; 359:2005.
10. Somboonporn W, Bell RJ, Davis SR. Testosterone for peri and postmenopausal women (Review) [published online April 17, 2007]. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; 3.
11. Elraiyah T, Sonbol MB, Wang Z, et al. The Benefits and Harms of Systemic Testosterone Therapy in Postmenopausal Women with Normal Adrenal Function: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2014; 99(10):3543-3550. doi:10.1210/jc.2014-2262.